Small Business Real Estate Tax Relief Grant
The application portal will open on Friday, September 10th at 3:00 p.m.
Please bookmark the application website and save your login information. You may use it to check your application status at any time.
On September 9, 2021 the Williamsburg City Council approved a Small Business Real Estate Tax Relief program in an effort to assist small businesses facing economic hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications will be accepted through November 30, 2021 and will be processed in the order that they are received. If approved, the tax relief payments will be issues mid-December 2021.
Please note: the tax relief payment does not remove your obligation to pay real estate tax bills in a timely manner.
The real estate tax relief will be equal to the FY 2022 real estate assessment divided by 100 and multiplied by 4%.
• Business must may real estate taxes to the City of Williamsburg
• Business must be licensed in the City of Williamsburg
• Business must have employed fewer than 20 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) employees at any point in time between March 13, 2020 to June 30, 2021
• Business must be able to demonstrate a 20% reduction in gross receipts from 1/1/2020 to 12/31/ 2020 compared to 1/1/2019 to 12/31/2019
• Business must be able to validate that the reduction in gross receipts is due to the COVID-19 pandemic
• Current 2021 Business License
• Completed IRS W-9 Form
• The application will ask you to input your 2020 and 2021 BPOL (business license) payment amounts. These numbers are based on your 2019 and 2020 gross receipts respectively.
If you have questions about this grant program, please contact Alice Kelly at email@example.com or (757) 220-7874.