Williamsburg Area Arts Commission Grant
The FY25 application is now open.
Thank you for your interest in the Williamsburg Area Arts Commission Grant.
Please carefully review the application package and become familiar with the Guidelines and Criteria for Funding. This will help you determine whether your organization meets the requirements to submit a request. Please note that cash awards and re-granting programs are not eligible uses for WAAC grant funds.
Our criteria and guidelines are updated annually. Be sure to download the documents appropriate for the upcoming grant year. Fiscal year for grants runs from July 1st through June 30th beginning 8 months after the grant application deadline.
Included in Guidelines and Criteria document is a checklist below (also below). Applications which do not conform to the checklist, or do not fully answer questions, may incur penalties or disqualification.
The application process will be completely online. Click here to preview a blank application. If you have any questions regarding the content of your application, please contact your WAAC liaison. For technical assistance, please contact Joanna Skrabala, Tourism Development Specialist for the City of Williamsburg.
Please note: You must complete each page of the online application before advancing to the next. The application auto-saves your work on each page, but please be sure to hit the "Save" button.
✔ Clearly define and describe your project and your organization’s mission.
✔ Fund requests should be endorsed by the organization’s governing board.
✔ If the application is for a project, it needs to be well thought out with thorough consideration given to the following:
• Who will benefit?
• Who will direct and guide the project?
• Is there a clear plan of work?
• Are the resources to execute the project in place?
• Are costs clearly defined?
• Is the appropriate budget form attached?
• WAAC only accepts Budget Forms provided with the application: complete all applicable columns.
• Is an evaluation plan included?
• Is the application SIGNED by the authorizing official?
✔ The Application must include:
• A Board of Directors list with contact information, including 1) street address and 2) email.
• Copies of required tax information.
• All required financial information.
• A list of other grant funding pending and/or received relating to this application.
• Late applications will not be considered.
✔ Application must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 1st, 2023.