Williamsburg Area Arts Commission Grant
Applications for FY24 funding will be available October 3, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in the Williamsburg Area Arts Commission Grant.
Please carefully review the application package and become familiar with the Criteria for Funding, Grant Guidelines, and Checklist. This will help you determine whether your organization meets the requirements to submit a request. Please note that cash awards and re-granting programs are not eligible uses for WAAC grant funds.
Our criteria and guidelines are updated annually. Be sure to download the documents appropriate for the upcoming grant year. Fiscal year for grants runs from July 1st through June 30th beginning 8 months after the grant application deadline.
Included with the application is a checklist below. Applications which do not conform to the checklist, or do not fully answer questions, may incur penalties or disqualification.
The application process will be completely online. If you have any questions regarding the content of your application, please contact your WAAC liaison. For technical assistance, please contact Joanna Skrabala, Tourism Development Specialist for the City of Williamsburg.
Please note: You must complete each page of the online application before advancing to the next. The application auto-saves your work on each page, but please be sure to hit the "Save" button. To view a blank application, click here.
✔ The application and its year-end report(s) will all be online. Be sure to bookmark this page and save your login username and password. You will be able to access your application and view its status at any time.
✔ Applicant's contact information is accurate and up-to-date. If the applicant's contact information changes after the application is submitted, the organization must inform its WAAC liaison and City staff (Joanna Skrabala) so that online forms may be updated accordingly.
✔ Application form and individual questions are not altered in any way, and questions are answered as asked. Application answers are not a copy of a previous year’s submission.
✔ Clearly define and describe your project
✔ Your request for funds is endorsed by all organization authorities
✔ Your project is well-thought out with thorough consideration given to the following questions:
• Who will benefit?
• Who will direct and guide the project?
• Is there a clear plan of work?
• Are the resources to execute the project in place?
• Are the costs are clearly defined?
• Has the appropriate Budget Form been attached? You must use the provided template, available as a fillable PDF (Adobe Acrobat reader is required for PDFs) or Excel Document. Please note, your budgets should be balanced. If you have any problems, accessing the templates, please contact us. (Note: WAAC only accepts Budget Forms provided with the Application)
• Is there an evaluation plan included?
• Is the application signed by the authorizing official?
✔ The application must include:
• A list of the Board of Directors, including positions and contact information.
• A copy of the Federal Tax Exemption Letter for 501(C)(3) organizations
• All required financial information
• A list of other grant applications pending and/or received
✔ Application must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 1st, 2022.